Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lunazul Tequila

CockTale: I was in the mood for some sort of light drink with juice and was toggling back and forth between the tequila and vodka sections when out of nowhere my eyes became fixated on those of a lone black wolf on the second shelf of the tequila section. Looking at me like a one-man wolf pack I decided that the two of us should join forces for the night roaming the desert looking for strippers and cocaine....or maybe just playing words with friends on the couch with my wife, but drinking Lunazul tequila nonetheless! I decided to mix the Lunazul with some guava orange passion juice, cranked up the Duran Duran and got hungry like the wolf.

Review:
Taste: Lunazul has a nice lime aftertaste which would make it the perfect compliment to a classic margarita, it almost tastes infused with lime margarita mix. It paired nicely with the guava and didn't have any of that cheap tequila bite. I could easily do shots of this, on par with Cuervo for sure. "4"
Price: One fifth rings in at $17.95, close to or on par with Cuervo or other mid level tequilas. Seems pricey, but the last thing I want is to ride with cheap tequila, so it is worth the slightly elevated price tag. Also, bonus points for the $7 off coupon tied around the bottle's neck so that bumps up the rating a half point. "4"
Hangover Factor: Pretty mild considering I was on tequila all night, didn't do a number on my stomach but that is probably because I didn't mix it with any other kinds of booze or take shots. "3"
Novelty: Aside from making jokes about wolves, singing hungry like the wolf or doing the speech from The Hangover about a one-man wolf pack, there isn't much novelty - but then you turn the bottle to discover these words. "To the spirit of the wolf - The bluemoon of Lunazul beckons the spirit, independence and smooth elegance of the majestic wolf. Let the smooth taste of Lunazul stir the wolf that lives inside you." If you don't find that to be novel, then get yourself checked. "4"
Drunk: I definitley woke up the wolf that lives inside me, I would go with "spirited" as my word to describle by drunk, let out a couple wolf howels and tied one on pretty good. "4"

At the end of the night I feel like I paid tribute to the spirit, independence and smooth elegance of the majestic wolf, and hopefully so does this overall rating - "3.8"

No comments:

Post a Comment