Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ketel One Vodka

CockTale: I decided to ring in the new year with some nice and fancy vodka and decided to go with Ketel One. The commercials of good looking dudes dressed in suits stating "gentlemen, this....is vodka" had me hooked. I'm a sucker for good looking dudes with three day stubble, women draped all over them drinking vodka on ice. This is what I wanted MY new years eve to be like. But instead, my wife and I packed up our three kids and headed to my brother in law's house to get wasted. After popping the top on the Ketel One, I opted to go with one of my favorite drinks, the greyhound (vodka & grapefruit)
Gentlemen, this....is new years in your 30's. Happy new year!

Review:
Taste: I gotta say, I wasn't blown away by Ketel One's smoothness. I have found other higher priced vodkas to be much smoother and better aftertaste. Frankly, I didn't find much of a difference between Ketel One and a bottle of Smirnoff. Rating of "2.5"

Price: $26.50 for a fifth is a little pricey for my range, especially when the taste wasn't vastly superior to other bottles at half the price. "1.5"

Drunk: It was new years, so this is slightly skewed but yeah Ketel One got the job done and mixed well with the grapefruit, plus I was using the high quality simply grapefruit juice so that put it over the top. I would call this a happy drunk for sure. "4"

Hangover Factor: Ouch, going to try and not let how I felt the morning after affect this rating. I think it was more going to bed at 3am than it was the Ketel One and I don't typically have any problems with Vodka so I'll go with a "3"

Novelty: Nice to bring what is considered a "nice" bottle of vodka with me to a new years bash. I think I was paying a little more for the novelty, when I would have been just fine with a regular bottle of vodka. Especially since I wasn't wearing my suit or drinking it straight. "3"

Overall I didn't hate Ketel One vodka, I just found it to be a little underwhelming for the price and how the commercials made it look like elite vodka. Maybe I'll give it a whirl again when me and my friends decide to get suited up and hang out with supermodels all night. Gentlemen, Ketel One earns a......."2.8"

No comments:

Post a Comment