Sunday, February 5, 2012

Svedka Vodka

CockTale: Ever taken an overly inquisitive six year old with you to the liquor store?
You get questions like;
"Hey Dad, isn't this the stuff that pirates drink?" - as he points to the rum section.
"Oh, you like this stuff Dad" - as he points to a bottle of Ron Rio. It just happened to be at his eye level, purely a coincidence I'm sure.
"Dad, is this the store you come to every night to get the stuff for your drinks?" Ok, we might have a problem here.
So I had vodka on my mind, and as you can see - this bottle caught my eye. I consulted my side kick for the trip and he agreed, so Svekda (the #1 vodka of 2033) was my drink of choice for the evening.

Review:
Taste: The first sip of Svedka Vodka had the aftertaste of a cheaper vodka, that sort of sting to your tongue and tingle that the smoother vodkas don't have. Svedka has great mixability, I would definitely recommend it if you plan to go heavy on the mixer, but if you like to taste the vodka in your beverage like a vodka tonic, I wouldn't go with this. "2"
Drunk: I'm going with "clumsy" to describe my drunk, from the moment I started drinking I was dropping things, running into things etc. almost like an insta-drunk feeling that lasted throughout the evening. "3"
Price: $15.95 for a fifth, I don't see any reason to pay that over other mediocre brands of vodka. The extra $2 must be used for their marketing campaign to have that robot tell me it is the #1 vodka of 2033. "2"
Hangover Factor: Minimal. I did some serious damage to the bottle with no residual effects. "4"
Novelty: The bottle is borderline cool, borderline obnoxious - apparently this is a limited edition bottle that induces vertigo. I guess if you brought this to a friends house the bottle would spark a little conversation and the marketing campaign is pretty well known so.... "3"

If Svedka thinks their product is going to be the #1 vodka of 2033, they have quite a bit of work to do between now and then. Overall - "2.8"

No comments:

Post a Comment