Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bud Light Platinum Beer

CockTale: My wife was out of town and I was trapped at home watching three children. I took a trip to the store headed down the beer aisle because, well I was out of beer for the beer fridge. Usually I spend about 10-15 minutes meandering back and forth and looking at labels and thinking about if I want to try something new and end up with a half rack of nasty beer in my fridge or if I want to go with a tried and proven good beer. I decided to end up in the middle of that struggle, influenced by the fact that I had kids with me and 10-15 minutes of wandering was not going to happen I grabbed the Bud Light Platinum without any good reason as to why. I kept hearing the Kanye West song in my head that went with the Super Bowl commercial for Bud Light Platinum and I figured if it was good enough for Kanye it was good enough for CockTales & Reviews. After the kids went to sleep, I posted up on the couch with Bud Light Platinum and as I took the picture to the right, I asked it one simple question - "well, what is the big deal with you?" And that is when Bud Light Platinum responded to me - "I'm 6 percent, bitch." That was when I realized that I was already familiar with Bud Light Platinum by it's former name - the Penguin.  


Its true, Bud Light Platinum is just a fancy new way of referring to Bud Ice, beware of the Penguin. This time the Penguin is a little skinnier and doesn't have as much bite, but he is just as dangerous my friends.....

Review:
Taste: Very light and very crisp, I referred to it as Bud Light with taste. "4"
Price: $11.99 for a half rack on sale, regularly $13.99 - either way, this is decently priced and priced the same as Bud Light, Miller or Coors depending what is on sale. "3.5"
Novelty: Right now the novelty on Bud Light Platinum is probably at its highest point, it is relatively new to the market and people want to try it out and time will tell if it is a sustainable brand for Bud. If you bring Bud Light Platinum to a BBQ, there is a good chance that other people will want to try it out, or spark a question about it. "3.5"
Hangover Factor: I had 10 of these and was expecting to feel like I used to after dancing with the Penguin all night, like he shit in my mouth and then left me for dead in bed with a massive headache - but I was greeted with no ill side effects, shocker. "4"
Drunk: Lets go with "watch your step" drunk. With light drinkability, Bud Light but with more taste and then add 6%, you are flirting with the danger zone going with Bud Light Platinum all night. But like Maverick said to Ice Man- "that's right Ice...Man, I am dangerous". "4"

Highway to the danger zone - overall score = "3.8"



2 comments:

  1. Excellent Top Gun reference. And also a spot-on review from my experience with BLP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are one of USA premier Mail Order Cannabis Dispensary, with over 10 years of experience providing USA and the Globe with Top Quality low prices Cannabis Products, wide selection, and outstanding service. Our large facility enables orders to be delivered in under 1 day. Cali Bud Dispensary mission is to get USA & the World to, buy Cannabis online. Cali Bud Dispensary Shop has been featured on Business Insider, Daily Hive, HERB, USA Business Journal, and more. Weed for sale

    ReplyDelete