Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pinnacle Cotton Candy Vodka

Cocktale: I know what you are about to say - man card revoked! But just wait, hear me out before you settle on a verdict here. Some friends of ours actually brought this over last weekend and I was ready to start shelling out the man card jokes left and right, but then the bottle was opened, it hit the shot glass made of ice and it took me back to being eight years old at a carnival eating cotton candy, but not drunk of course.....Actually, I could even smell the cotton candy on my fingers all night long. I grabbed this bottle at the liquor store to have in stock. There are two rules for this drink, 1. keep this bottle ice cold when serving, I took that to the extreme and kept the bottle in the snow. 2. you are only allowed to take shots of this, if you mix this vodka with anything, then please turn yourself in to the local man card authorities, don't make them come and find you it will only be more embarassing that way to be a fugitive.

Review:
Taste: I was shocked at how much this tasted like cotton candy, blown away in fact. This bottle is going to be dangerous laying around my house because it is always going to sound like a good idea to take a shot of this. "5"
Price: On sale for $15.95, the other flavors were $17.95 so I was stoked. The bottle basically needs to live in your freezer as a shots only bottle and for that I feel it is fairly priced for what you are getting. "4"
Drunk: I would describe this as "may enduce vomiting". Last weekend when I drank this with friends, I awoke to the sound of my buddy projectile vomiting downstairs. "3"
Hangover Factor: Could range from extreme to slight, any night when I find myself taking shots then I know the hangover factor will be elevated. "2.5"
Novelty: Just do it, bring it to a party and let your buddies give you some crap for five minutes until this knocks their socks off. Or, have your wife bring the bottle in and blame it on her, Pinnacle Cotton Candy Vodka should be a guest at your next cocktail party. "4"

Suck it up, go into the liquor store and put this bottle in your hands. Maybe even grab a bottle of something manly (like I did) so if the guy behind the register asks, you can say you are buying it for your wife. But if either of you have ever had it before, you both secretly know that it is for you and that you f'ing love it and you can't deny it. So give the proprietor a wink and head home to put this bottle in your freezer. Overall, "3.7"

No comments:

Post a Comment